Monday, March 23, 2009

AT HOME WITH WHITE


I have always been drawn to decorating a home in all white.  It is so peaceful and calm,  crisp and refreshing.  In decorating my own homes and spaces I have gone through many, many phases, however I seem to always go back to decorating in the many shades of white.  As I always hear how impractical living with white is, I have found that using denims and linens and cottons has been just the opposite. Throwing white denim slipcovers and linen bedding in the washing machine is so easy!  And with a little cap of bleach once in awhile they always come out amazing.  There is nothing like jumping into an all white bed after a long,  hard work day. I have been working on this home for my friend Sally that was featured in the Journal this weekend so I thought I would add my favorite picture.  We transformed all of her vintage jewels and gems with fun white slipcovers in denims and linens and painted all of the woodwork in white, yes I said it painted all of the woodwork in white.  It gave all of the pieces a totally new look!  Check out the article on line if you missed it on Sunday.